All medical practitioners (local and foreign) must be registered with Myanmar Medical Council and issue a Practicing License before they can practice medicine in Myanmar.
Local-trained Doctor’s (Local Graduates)
- Local medical graduates refer to Myanmar National holding MBBS degree awarded by any of the local medical institutions recognized by the Council.
- This group of doctors can apply for full registration upon fulfilling the existing criteria.
- Copy of Citizenship Scrutiny Card (CSC)
- Six recent 1.5” × 1.5” size photograph (taken within the last 3 months in color and against a blue background)
- Copy of certificate of medical degree
- Copy of certificate of completion of internship training
- Fees 50,000 kyats
- Download Registration Form
International Medical Graduates
- International Medical Graduates can also apply for full registration only if they are Nationals holding MBBS or equivalent degree awarded by any of foreign medical institutions recognized by the Council and must sit licensing exam MMLE (Myanmar Medical Licence Examination)
- Doctor who does not meet the criteria for full registration may apply for limited registration, subject to existing criteria for limited registration.
Application for Myanmar Medical Licencing Examination
- Copy of Citizenship Scrutiny Card (CSC) and Passport
- Three recent 1.5” × 1.5” sized photograph (taken within the last 3 months in color and against a blue background)
- Copy of Medical Degree and other qualifications, it any (For documents in a language other than English, certified true copy of the English translation must be provided)
- Documentary evidence of housemanship/ internship training with details on the period the spent in each discipline.
- Evidence of proficiency in Myanmar language if applicable.
- Fees 350,000 kyats
- Download Application Form
To promote the exchange of medical expertise, training and international collaboration, recognized medical specialist are eligible for limited registration for the following purposes.
- Expert Visit
- Teaching and Training Programs
- Humanitarian Missions
Application for limited licence
Employing Hospital/ Health Care Institution must apply for the limited registration of foreign medical specialist with the required documents stated below.
(1) CV/ Resume of foreign medical specialist (FMS)
(2) Copy of valid passport of foreign medical specialist
(3) Certificate of Good Standing/ CoRS of FMS
(4) Copy of graduate medical qualification & Specialty qualifications
(5) Letter of co-responsibility of local same specialty specialist and copy of his/ her valid specialist licence
(6) Copy of valid license of employing hospital/ health care institute
(7) Three recent 1.5” × 1.5” sized photographs (taken within the last 3 months in color and against a blue background)
(8) Receipt of payments to the books for desirous foreign medical specialists
All documents stated above must apply to MMC prior to one month (4 weeks) before practice.
- Limited Registration for foreign specialist doctors – fees 400000 kyats
- Limited Registration for foreign specialist doctors – fees 200000 kyats of Myanmar Origin
- Limited Registration for foreign general doctors – fees 100000 kyats of Myanmar Origin
Any fully registered medical doctor are eligible to apply for Specialist Licence when they next the requirements.